About This Class
Recorded Desperate Dependency Class Cohorts
Do you feel like something is missing in your life?
Do you have problems and issues that don’t seem to have a solution?
Have people, positions, and possessions disappointed you?
Do you feel like you are floundering in your relationship with Christ? Or perhaps you have no relationship with Christ.
What difference is there in your life because you say you are a Christian? Have you realized that you cannot successfully live independently from Jesus? Have you discovered His divine enablement that produces personal empowerment? Christ wants to be relevant to every area of your life. Will you let Him? Will you be desperately dependent?
When you look around, and perhaps if you look within, you can easily find people who seem desperate as they depend on a variety of creative solutions to experience satisfaction and fill the void in their hearts. Unfortunately, even Christians fail to recognize God’s design of a relationship that is desperately dependent on Jesus to complete their lives.
Our heavenly Father has designed us for a relationship that is desperately dependent on Jesus. Only when we embrace this relationship will we find satisfaction and a way to fill the void in our hearts.
Desperate Dependency identifies the deceptions we believe and points our searching souls to Christ, the only One who is relevant and sufficient to deal with the intricacies of life’s problems and pain. As we submit to His purpose of transforming us into the image of Christ, we will experience His promised fruit including love, joy, and peace.
Desperate Dependency challenges you to:
- Evaluate the means you seek to be complete.
- Understand that God’s design offers the only solution for experiencing fulfillment.
- Move into a transforming relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Embrace God’s design of living beyond yourself.
- Reorganize your life while finding Christ relevant to every area of living.
- Complete the Insight Journal designed to help you connect with God in a deeper way.
- Be guided through Psalms Prayer Patterns to communicate with God.
Desperate Dependency Recorded Class Cohorts 301R invites you to find Christ as the relevant solution to all your issues so that you may experience His love, joy, and peace with the aid of a live mentoring cohort.
Desperate Dependency Recorded Class Cohorts 301R is an excellent option if you would like to study at your own pace or with your small group.
Desperate Dependency Recorded Class Cohorts 301R will challenge participants to mature in a desperately dependent relationship with Christ so that they find Him relevant to every issue of life through observing cohort mentoring sessions.
As a result of taking this course, participants will:
1. Develop a deeper understanding of problems—Christ is missing—through recorded cohort and mentoring interactions.
2. Discover the alternate solution to problems—Christ is relevant—as a result of observing interpersonal interactions in recorded cohort sessions.
3. Mature in dependency—Christ is enough—through insights gained while observing cohort and mentoring sessions.
THIS CLASS INCLUDES:
- At least 22.5 hours of recorded cohort interaction over 15 weeks for each class (each session 1.5 hours). Recordings will be added with each new session.
- Listen to processing and answering questions concerning the content of Desperate Dependency: Finding Christ Relevant to Every Area of Life.
- Recorded discussions regarding Insight Journal responses and blocks to spiritual development.
- Observing group participation facilitates a deeper understanding for all.
- Application of the Fruit of the Spirit and its counterfeits.
NOTE: This class is NOT eligible for a Certificate of Completion to be applied toward Biblical Church Counselor training.
Meet your teachers: Kirk and Melanie Lewis
For decades Kirk and Melanie Lewis have ministered as a team, challenging people to an authentic relationship with Jesus Christ. As counselors, they are committed to using biblical principles to facilitate healing and liberate weary souls from emotional bondage. Their counsel is founded upon the belief that Jesus Christ is the center of well-being and that the Bible is our authority.
Kirk and Melanie engage and encourage Christian leaders to find Christ relevant to every area of life through the ministries of Desperately Dependent Community in Chattanooga, TN.
Come join us on the journey to Desperate Dependency: Finding Christ Relevant to Every Area of Life.